This Marriage First Aid Kit contains extensive help for your marriage even without marriage counseling. Chapters 4 and ‘Chapter 8 in the Book Chapters section contain many useful tools. These chapters will help you to understand many things you never knew about your own relationship. You can also use the diagnostics section to read about common syndromes that might resemble your own. The Q & A Forum will link you to Dr. Kaye’s Love Odyssey website where he has listed advice given to hundreds of site visitors who have asked marriage related questions.
The Marriage First Aid Kit
- Foreword & Instructions
- Diagnostics (Learn to recognize syndromes)
- Book Chapters
- Relationship Videos
- Intimacy & Boundaries Articles
- Q & A Forum (Review past advice given for various problems)
- Relationship Belief Quiz – Print out this quiz to see where your relationship may be suffering because of your own erroneous beliefs about relationships. Expectations matter! Relationship Belief Quiz
- Print out this paper called “Meaning Matters.” It discusses a concept called “level of consciousness” and contains a list of principles that protect and promote a Happy Relationship. You can then evaluate how disciplined you are in following each principle.
©COPYRIGHT (5/1999) Allied Psychological Services. The material in this web site may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial purposes or monetary gain without explicit written permission from the author. Individuals and nonprofit service organizations may freely copy this material for private use or for community service not involving monetary gain. However, accurate identification should be retained and displayed about the source and original authorship of the material. DISCLAIMER: The reference to “Marital First Aid” in this web site is only metaphorical and should not be interpreted literally as a professional or medical procedure. In no way should the reader construe that an actual doctor-patient relationship exists because of such metaphorical language. The syndromes cited in this website are not found or recognized in DSM-IV. Any true professional diagnostic assessment would require that you first meet with a counselor to provide much more detailed information about yourself, your history, your situation, and your symptoms. No guarantee is made regarding the outcome and consequences of suggested interventions. However, it is accurate to portray said interventions as having been historically helpful to other people who have been previous clients of Cary Counseling Center. If the reader desires for Cary Counseling Center to assume responsibility for their care in a doctor-patient relationship, then the reader should call for an appointment so that thorough diagnostic assessment and treatment planning can be performed and a professional relationship established.